The DKK organises events for journalists, political decision-makers, DKK members and for the general public. In addition, the DKK organises events in partnership with other institutions.
- Many researchers from the member institutions of the German Climate Consortium are on site at the annual UN Climate Conferences and contribute their expertise.
- Every autumn, together with the Federal Foreign Office and the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety, we inform the diplomatic corps, policymakers, industry and non-governmental organisations about the upcoming UN Climate Change Conferences at a half-day conference. This Briefing has now become an integral part of our activities.
- The DKK Climate Breakfast for journalists has become an established event – a regular discussion group for journalists with selected topics related to climate research.
- At our Parliamentary Events we provide an opportunity for policy makers to gather information and discuss topics related to climate research.
- For the first time in 2016 the DKK connected its annual general assembly meeting with an Annual Conference. Non-DKK-members, such as academics, politics, business and civil society, were invited.
- Together with partners from Germany, Austria and Switzerland the DKK organises the K3 Kongress zu Klimawandel, Kommunikation und Gesellschaft addressing experts from science and practice.
- The DKK is also acting as an Event Partner for various occasions.
- On the first weekend in July the DKK Summer Party, Concert@DKK, takes place. At this networking event guests participate in a very special type of auditory experience.
In 2013 a special highlight was the first DKK strategy workshop. The DKK invited its members and selected experts. The results have been published in a DKK Position Paper in June 2015.
In addition the DKK holds regular meetings for members.